Our purpose is to help fulfill the Great Commission in Kenya and beyond.
Vision: Win, Build and Send Christ-Centered multiplying disciples
Mission: Building spiritual movements in every county in Kenya and beyond … so that everyone knows someone who truly follows Jesus Christ.
Our core values are:
Faith, Growth and Fruitfulness.
In addition to sharing the above common purpose, vision, mission and core values as part of the global CCCI (Campus Crusade For Christ International) ministry, we have aligned ourselves with commonly agreed culture changes namely:
- Kingdom Perspective
- Shared Leadership
- Value Driven
- Local Ownership
- Learning Environment
The sole basis of our belief is the Bible, God’s infallible written word, the sixty-six books of the old and new Testaments. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally, and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error in the original manuscripts.
It is the supreme and final authority in all the matters on which it speaks.
- We accept those large areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically there has been a general agreement among all true Christians. Because of the specialized calling of our moment, we desire to allow for freedom of conviction on other doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.
- We explicitly affirm our belief in basic Bible teaching as follows:
- There is one true God eternally existing in three persons Father, Son and Holy spirit – each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of deity and the characteristics of personality.
- Jesus Christ is God, the living word, who became flesh through his miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and his virgin birth. Hence here is the perfect deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
- He lived a sinless life, and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus, satisfying define justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in him alone.
- He rose from the same body, though glorified in which he lived and died.
- He ascended bodily into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God through the father, where he, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercessions for His own.
- Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God; thus, he was alienated from his creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
- Man’s nature is corrupted, and he is thus totally unable to please God. Every man is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
- The salvation of man is wholly a work of God’s grace and is not the result, in whole or in part, of human merit- moral or religious. God imputes his righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation and thereby justifies them in his sight.
- It is the privilege of all those who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Saviour. This assurance is not dependent upon individual worthiness or accomplishment, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in his written word.
- The Holy Spirit has come in to the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually imparts them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power, and control are appropriated in a believer’s life by faith.
- Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
- Jesus Christ is the head of the church. His body is composed of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to him through saving faith.
- God admonished his people to assemble together regularly for worship for participation in ordinances, for edification through the scriptures, and for mutual encouragement.
- At physical death, the unbeliever enters immediately into eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting glory and blessing.
- At physical death, the unbeliever enters immediately into conscious separation from the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting judgment and condemnation.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth- personally visibly, and bodily- to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation. The fulfillment of that Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to Him who loved us and gave us himself for us.
The LIFE Ministry Kenya is an inter-denominational non-profit Christian Organization (NGO) that has been serving the Kenyan Church since 1973, helping to fulfill the Great Commission of our LORD Jesus Christ among students in high schools and University Campuses, professionals and executives in the marketplace and mobilizing churches and other partnering organizations.
Kenya has 47 counties with a population of 47,000,000 people and the LIFE Ministry Kenya has field offices in 6 Counties, ministry presence in 12 counties, strategic partnerships in 4 counties and no current presence in 25 counties. The Board and the national leadership team are wrestling with the goal of The LIFE Kenya becoming a stage 3 country characterized by vibrant prayer teams, models of multiplying leaders and movements of disciples, with self-sustaining local resources and self-sustaining.